Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Clermont Super Sprint, September 2006

Well, here I am, trying to walk on water, Jesus made it sound easier than it looks. Anyway, this is the last race of the year and no more running until January, hopefully my foot will be rehabed for next season. Next year will be more structured with the Red Hills Sprint,(1/3 Mile Swim, 16 Mile Bike, 3.1 Mile Run) in March, the Florida half Ironman,(1.2 Mile Swim, 56 Mile Bike, 13.1 Mile Run) in May, HammerHead Olympic,(.9 Mile Swim, 25 Mile Bike, 6.1 Mile Run) in August and the Florida Ironman,(2.4 Mile Swim, 112 Mile Bike, 26.2 Mile Run) in November.

This was a great weekend, started off dinner with Steve, Jackie, Stuart and my faithful crew, great pancakes. We went our seperate ways for the night and met up bright and early Saturday morning, great weather and the lake was slick as glass.

David and Steve started the swim five seconds apart and I enjoyed a small lead until we got on the bike. I kept him in my sights for awhile and had hope, but he's too strong. That's me at the top of the photo going up the hill, I think he was feeling sorry for me and gave me a headstart!

I'm just glad we didn't hit the monster hills that Clermont is known for, the highest elevation in Florida.

I felt like I had a good bike, only had a few pass me and again was able to do some passing.

The run went okay, one of my feet was worse than the other, but I hobbled along, I always feel that I could've pushed harder, but I'm trying to work that out, pretty satisfied.


Here's the cheerful trio after a great race, of course Steve showing off his six pack, while I'm sporting the twelve pack, oh well, better than the keg I started off with last summer, maybe I'll be down to a six pack next year.

Well, if you're here, thanx for stopping in, leave a comment if you'd like. I'm working on my site for next year to journal my path toward Ironman, so check back from time to time to check
on the progress. peace, dk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home