Sunday, September 03, 2006

Panama City, Emerald Coast #2 - May 2006

The face says it all doesn't it. Man, I knew it would be a hard swim, I woke up to Red Flag conditions, but whew, that was kicking. They actually changed course direction for us, I can't image swimming into that current. I came out of the water 78th, out of 160, but just glad to have made it out alive!

The bike was completely flat, far different from the hills of Tallahassee. However, there was a strong headwind on the first half, but it was faster on the way back, I actually was able to do some passing. Oh, how could I forget, this was my first race with the new bike, Lemond Limoges. I dropped to 85th out of 160 on the bike.



The run was a little slower, very hot and I had some new stiffness I hadn't experience before, which was later attributed to the new bike and different geometry. I ran a 29:51 for a total race time of 1:37:13 and 87th out of 160. So, I was faster overall than at Redhills and it was a good experience. Again, 1/3 mile Swim, 16 mile Bike and 3.1 mile Run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home