Florida Law Games, Jacksonville - June 2006

Well, whataya know. How about another red flag swim where the course direction has to be changed to accommodate the insane. Man, I couldn't even see the course bouys! But, I did have a good swim.
The bike course was shorter than usual, but there was no shortage of long climbing bridges. The course did have new pavement, which was great until I flatted about two miles from the finish. So, I wrestled through changing the flat and watched the field go by, I was having such a good race.
The run, oh the run. I knew two steps into it that I was in trouble, the achillis tendonitis I had been troubled with over the previous three weeks was excrusiating, but once I warmed up I managed a descent run.
At the awards ceremony I learned that my flat cost me the bronze medal, oh the coveted bronze. The cop that won it, actually a friend of mine from FDLE said he passed me on the bike and I had been well in front and could have held him off. Oh well, I had a good time and felt like I represented the Sheriff's Office in good fashion.
The following two days I could hardly walk and after getting in to see the Podiatrist, it was discovered that I had achillis tendonitis, plantar fasciitis and bone spurs in both heels, not good, but I did it. 1/4 mile Swim, 14 Mile Bike, 3.1 mile Run.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home